Friday, January 11, 2008

Good news from the Doctors!

I saw the hematologist on Tuesday and he said from the tests they have done, it doesn't look like I have a hereditary blood disorder which is wonderful.  They will still run tests after the baby is born to make sure.  Oh, and he said I can drive!  Freedom!

Then I went to the ob yesterday and we actually have a plan for the birth!  (Which is what I wanted for some peace of mind!)  Looks like I will go on Heparin at 36 weeks which is a 2 shot a day thing, ugh!  The good thing about it is that it stays in your system thinning your blood for a shorter amount of time so if I go into labor it will take less time for it to get out of my system so my blood will go back to its crazy clotting self!

We see the high risk ob next week so we will get to see Jax again, very exciting!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's awesome news from the hematologist! and great that you can drive again! i know you will enjoy the freedom. miss you lots. :)

Rachael Walkup said...

Hey Stacy! I just found your blog and i'm so happy :) I'm glad you got good news from the doc! Miss you!

EAJan678 said...

I'm so glad you got good news from the doc. Mark and I were discussing last night when a good time would be for us to come visit y'all...I'll email you soon. And yes the sample 'cheat sheet' schedule I have posted on my blog is adapted from BabyWise. I highly recommend it!!