So the theme of my life seems to be about running and finishing "the race". I'm in the home stretch. I was laying in bed thinking about it this morning and I remember when I ran the Nashville marathon (my first and last marathon!), I was coming around the last corner and I saw my brother-in-law, Doug, jumping up and down telling me that I was almost to the end. (By the way, he had just had back surgery so that meant a lot that he was there. :0) You can imagine that at 26 miles I was a little tired but at that moment I started running as hard as I could to the end. I felt so much joy in that moment that I had accomplished something like that.
I felt discouraged this morning when David gave me my shot. A couple things are giving me energy for the last part of this race. The 1st is the verse below and the 2nd is this sweet baby that God has made and that I am blessed to have carried. Hope this encourages you.
Do you see what this means-all these pioneers who blazed the way, all these veterans cheering us on? It means we'd better get on with it. Strip down, start running-and never quit! ...........he never lost sight of where he was headed-that exhilarating finish in and with God-he could put up with anything along the way: Cross, shame, whatever. And now he's there, in a place of honor, right alongside God. When you find yourselves flagging in your faith, go over that story again, item by item, that long litany of hostility he plowed through. That will shoot adrenaline into your souls! Hebrews 12:1-3 (The message)
No comments:
Post a Comment